Client-side malware can affect your customers who use your online banking services because malware is sitting on their computers and not your servers. So there is no way to detect it and therefore try to stop it. Customers go online to your secure online baking platform and see a pop-up or ad telling them about new offers, and because they are on your trusted site, they click through. They don’t know they’ve been taken away from your bank and so they might take on a transaction. You don’t want this to happen.
The financial institutions are aware of the protection of customers information and their money. The application of high technology and industrial best practices to keep the individual and financial data secure is key and tools and platforms like PageSeal can help protect your customers from such malware attacks.
The client-side malware protection service providers have to offer the best of the following.
- Anti-virus and anti-malware- these applications detect and prevent malicious codes in form of viruses. Due to the every moment changes of the malicious codes the bank must ensure up to date programs to be able to delete, quarantine the detection and keep the systems safe.
- Firewalls- the aim of the firewall is to filter incoming and outgoing data through stated parameters to keep the internet and the systems free from intruders.
- Secure socket layer (SSL) encryption- this encryption provides a secure connection with your web browser when logging in to the website.
- Multi-level authentication the use of 2-factor user authentication for logging in to a customer account, log in using a pin, then answer a secret question.
- Automatic account log out – the online session is closed if the user is inactive for a given time to restrict phishing of data.
- Biometric authentication-The integrations of a fingerprint, eye iris protection print, voice authentication in the mobile banking application.
- Credential confidentiality. Banks keep the usernames and password for individual safe without sharing them.
- Websites and application analysis- the website and application providers App Stores and Google play stores where applications are stored and installed to customer’s mobile devices. The detection of fake apps and malware infested browsers.
- Security notification –mobile banking customer should be informed of the occurring security measures and breaches to evaded fraud.
- Placing Cookies- placement of cookies into customers computer after logging in to the bank website, this will enable the bank to authenticate customer computer on a second log in.
- Account monitoring the online account activities are kept on check for any fraud.
The customer must be in the know-how of the measures that the bank has put in place for individual monetary information. The user also has to be enlightened about the measures to take to protect their own data online.
These precautions can make your customer feel safe, but with the addition that if they unknowingly have malware on their computer, that you can protect them from that too. Check PageSeal for end to end protection.
How Can PageSeal Help Top Brands & Publishers?
PageSeal’s simple code can be installed on your servers, that gets triggered when users come on your computer. If it detects malware activity, it automatically blocks the attack of injected ads and your users see your website how you intended them to see it. PageSeal also offers end to end protection for all types of injections.
Check Your Website for Malware Attacks that Steal your Customers, Completely Free Here